0x10c Forum|Site Info
Page
of 15

0x10c Dare (0x10c's own Ludum Dare)

127 replies
227 posts
+31 stars
Untagged users
Hello 0x10cforum today I propose 0x10c's own version of Ludum Dare!
So before I start this or it goes ahead it needs support, from the community and from the forums so at the moment I'm laying out the plans and proposal. And for those of you who aren't familiar with ludum dare: www.Ludumdare.com

0x10cDare #1 Date
Date for 0x10cDare #1 is going to be - 30th June to the 2nd of July, it will start 6am and finish at 6am . However there will be a 30 min submission leeway so it can be submitted around 6:30
All these times are in AEST.

HOW IT WORKS
So every month or 2 the 0x10c Dare will challenge anyone(mostly for those of you who can code the DCPU) to create a DCPU-16 program or game. The game must be done in under 24hr and must be fresh unlike what we already have. You can make anything from a simple game or program to a Call Of Duty: DCPU Warfare. Its up to you.

Rules:
The game has to be fresh - It has to have been made in 24hr or 48hr a vote will commence!
Your own programming - don't go and steel from others.
Have fun.

How will it be judged?
All entries will be submitted in code format to me. EMAIL @ - DustierDragon@gmail.com
All entries that are submitted will be ran and judged on:
How smooth it performs
How original it it
How fun or entertaining it is.
  1. Code EXAMPLE: I suck at assembly! Push, POP and A = something 0x37421 i think?

What will the top 3 recieve?
At the moment your names will be on the: example- July 2012 0x10c Dare winners
Later on possibly prises and other goodies!
Also the top three programs will featured here

So your asking how can I get invloved?
Well you can post your support below and any feedback on how you feel it should work. From there tell your friends or simply show people on the forums! Anyway is better than none and everybody can help. A forum sig will come soon!
Lowey2002's 0x10cDare Entry
11 votes
73.3%
Bannedtom's 0x10cDare Entry
4 votes
26.7%
Number of voters: 15
Poll is closed
Herobrine wants my soul, but he can't have it :sick:
Posted Jun 15, 12 · OP · Last edited Jul 6, 12
+12  stars
 stars
M52
1753 posts
+150 stars
Untagged users
I am on the fence wether I should join in this contest or not. Some opponents are formidable coders....

Why am I not obsessed about the DCPU instead?
Remain Vigilant
Posted Jun 28, 12
0  stars
309 posts
+74 stars
Untagged users
You should! The more contestants the better. Plus I am of the opinion you don't compete in something like this to win but rather to push yourself to be a better coder.
Posted Jun 28, 12
0  stars
186 posts
+17 stars
Untagged users
Epicurusx wrote:
Dang, may be out of town xP

So it starts Saturday at 6am and runs to Monday, 6 am? Also, June 31st doesn't exist xD

again: what time zone?
or do you want everyone to orientate on his local time?
Posted Jun 28, 12
0  stars
39 posts
+3 stars
Untagged users
GMT + 10 == AEST.

so there wont be any like subject we have to create something around and its just like create whatever and submit?
GKnCp.png
Posted Jun 28, 12
0  stars
309 posts
+74 stars
Untagged users
MasterChief hasn't told us what he wants. Personally, I'm going to start a thread in the sandbox to blog my development.
Posted Jun 28, 12
0  stars
143 posts
+15 stars
Untagged users
I'm hoping in the future we can have a way to register for the competition on the site, so each entree will have it's own page on the site where the participant can put pictures and and live streams, status updates and videos, etc. I think it would be easier that way, and if this gets really big in the future we won't have to eat up the sandbox forum for a weekend.
motives.gif
Posted Jun 28, 12
0  stars
186 posts
+17 stars
Untagged users
can't we contact an admin and ask him if he sets up a separate subforum for the dare?
Posted Jun 28, 12
0  stars
143 posts
+15 stars
Untagged users
I would still prefer a site. I hope that the competition will encompass more people than just those in this forum and it would be kind of dumb to force everyone who wanted to join the competition to make an account here and make a forum thread.
motives.gif
Posted Jun 28, 12
0  stars
186 posts
+17 stars
Untagged users
of course would a separate site be better.

just for understanding are you really planing to do a live stream?
Posted Jun 28, 12
0  stars
Page
of 15
Login or Register
0x10c.com Feed
There are no entries in this feed
Announcement of