of 14

Upcoming Room Editor Release (Reborn)

135 replies
Bikou MOD
670 posts
+400 stars
wrote:
wrote:
You can spawn and kill robot space piggies now. That was a morning well spent.

That's not what he meant at all! D:

They're just robots, Mr. Eleven.

They have rights too, you know!

Oink. Crazy talk. What are you, a member of People for the Ethical Treatment of Automatons?
eB7jETB.jpg
Posted Jul 14, 13 · Last edited Jul 14, 13 by Bikou
+2  stars
 stars
839 posts
+151 stars
Untagged users
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:

Oink. Crazy talk. What are you, a member of People for the Ethical Treatment of Automatons?

People for the Okay Treatment And Testing Of Electrical Systems, actually.
qfff5Is.png
Posted Jul 14, 13 · Last edited Jul 14, 13 by sixteeneleven
0  stars
1319 posts
+214 stars
Untagged users
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:

where is the signup for that? i wanna join!
4iMBJ1l.jpg
TYbwbmZ.png
Posted Jul 14, 13
0  stars
4705 posts
+1643 stars
Untagged users
I think I'm just going to make some builds and post this now. Screw polishing.
But please,
themeasureofaman231-300x229.jpg
continue the debate.

I think the scope of this debate
Hologram.jpg
deserves expanding.
.Png
Posted Jul 14, 13 · OP
+1  stars
 stars
4705 posts
+1643 stars
Untagged users
Development release time!

Windows 32-bit
Windows 64-bit Um...don't use this. Use the 32-bit one. This crashes when I try to place a BuildCube.
Linux 32-bit
Linux 64-bit
Mac

Note: The DCPUs don't serve any purpose other than to be there.
Note: The robot space pigs are magic and can phase through solid matter, but lose this ability upon death. Also, they can be really annoying and like to pick you up and carry you around without your permission.

Controls:
There is no exit command so terminate however you terminate things on your platform.

Any mode:
Tab: Switch mode
WASD: Movement
Space: Jump
L: Toggle lights
M: Toggle Monitors
F2: Save room
F3: Load room
Esc: Release mouse (Mouse is captured whenever you click inside the room editor)

Editing mode:
F: Create BuildCube
X: Delete BuildCube
Shift+X: Delete all BuildCubes
Ctrl: Toggle a corner of a BuildCube
Left Click+Drag: Move BuildCube
Right Click+Drag: Push/Pull selected side of BuildCube
Shift: Select back side
C: Set BuildCube to default color. If default color is unset, set BuildCube to random color.
Shift+C: Set default color to color of BuildCube. New BuildCubes will use the default color if it is set. If no BuildCube is under the crosshair, the default color is unset and random colors will be used from then on.
T: Set BuildCube to default material type. If default material type is unset, set BuildCube to next material type ID.
Shift+T: Set default material type to material type of BuildCube. New BuildCubes will use the default material type if it is set. If no BuildCube is under the crosshair, the default material type is unset and the plain material will be used from then on.

Other mode:
Left Click: Fire blaster
P: Spawn robot space pig
Shift+P: Clean up pig parts

KGmJ6mr.jpg
.Png
Posted Jul 14, 13 · OP · Last edited Jul 14, 13 by Herobrine
+1  stars
 stars
4705 posts
+1643 stars
Untagged users
It defaults to Fantastic, high resolution. If you have performance problems, you might try reducing the settings.
As it's a development build, nothing is optimized. It uses bloated code and giant, lossless textures. It runs 60 FPS (v-synced) on my laptop, but this laptop is a beast. I'd actually like to hear from people as to what performance they experienced and if reducing the settings helped. There are two issues here: (1) the vfx used to make things look pretty are a bit xtreme and ill-optimized (even the LEM1802s and the blaster bolts are shadow-casting lights) and (2) the DCPUs+hardware are roughly ported from Java to C#. In my experience, most of the update loop is spent not on rendering, but on the DCPUs and the updating of the textures for the monitors.
.Png
Posted Jul 14, 13 · OP · Last edited Jul 14, 13 by Herobrine
0  stars
119 posts
+12 stars
Untagged users
wrote:

Windows 32-bit
Windows 64-bit Um...don't use this. Use the 32-bit one. This crashes when I try to place a BuildCube.
Linux 32-bit
Linux 64-bit
Mac

Note: The robot space pigs are magic and can phase through solid matter, but lose this ability upon death. Also, they can be really annoying and like to pick you up and carry you around without your permission.

Controls:
There is no exit command so terminate however you terminate things on your platform.

Any mode:
Esc: Release mouse (Mouse is captured whenever you click inside the room editor)

Editing mode:
C: Set BuildCube to default color. If default color is unset, set BuildCube to random color.
Shift+C: Set default color to color of BuildCube. New BuildCubes will use the default color if it is set. If no BuildCube is under the crosshair, the default color is unset and random colors will be used from then on.
T: Set BuildCube to default material type. If default material type is unset, set BuildCube to next material type ID.
Shift+T: Set default material type to material type of BuildCube. New BuildCubes will use the default material type if it is set. If no BuildCube is under the crosshair, the default material type is unset and the plain material will be used from then on.

Other mode:

KGmJ6mr.jpg
I have a x86-64 AMD cpu.Any chance we could see a win64 release?
Ki5gB.png
banner.png
Posted Jul 14, 13
0  stars
4705 posts
+1643 stars
Untagged users
wrote:
wrote:

Windows 32-bit
Linux 32-bit
Linux 64-bit
Mac

Controls:

Any mode:

Editing mode:

Other mode:

KGmJ6mr.jpg
I have a x86-64 AMD cpu.Any chance we could see a win64 release?
The Win32 release works on Win64. It's what I use.
.Png
Posted Jul 14, 13 · OP
0  stars
Bikou MOD
670 posts
+400 stars
Just tried the latest build, and had loads of fun :) Can someone say ~2600 pigs? Video coming soonish ;)
eB7jETB.jpg
Posted Jul 15, 13 · Last edited Jul 15, 13 by Bikou
0  stars
Bikou MOD
670 posts
+400 stars
It had to be done. For science.

eB7jETB.jpg
Posted Jul 15, 13 · Last edited Jul 15, 13 by Bikou
+1  stars
 stars
Page