The normal plain weapons

28 replies
524 posts
+61 stars
Untagged users
A worthy spaceship
Would have durable windows.
Else, quickly be scrap.
Leader of the all inclusive SHENANIGANS faction! Read about it here!
Posted Feb 14, 13
0  stars
Zutai x
2137 posts
+282 stars
Banned users
still the weak points on the ship.
Normality is but a farce
There for we r all weird
And thus weirdness is normal
And normality is weird
Posted Feb 14, 13
0  stars
186 posts
+34 stars
Untagged users
Riddley wrote:
Hah. Aiming is so out. I'd sooner pelt them with 100's of thousands of pellets of lead, shoved out of a mass driver. It the equivalent to the flak cannon... Except, you don't see it fire, because its ammunition is light speed.

And going back in time. Hard science, remember.
Sig+of+Otium_1360359108.gif
Pronounced: Sigh(He let out a sigh)-rand(random)-er (Killer)
Posted Feb 15, 13
0  stars
Zutai x
2137 posts
+282 stars
Banned users
traveling at the speed of light, moves you into the future, not the past. moving beyond the speed of light moves you into the past. though i doubt a mass driver would send simple pellets at such a stable speed. more likely to send them at many varying speeds, rather then a smooth wave of metal being flung forth.
Normality is but a farce
There for we r all weird
And normality is weird
Posted Feb 15, 13
0  stars
122 posts
+12 stars
Untagged users
ARRRRG AVAST ME SPACE MATES YE BE PLUNDERED!!!

Sorry, couldnt help myself :s
Posted Feb 16, 13
0  stars
1267 posts
+225 stars
Untagged users
EPIC REALISTIC SPACE BATTLE!
*fire missile*
*wait two hours*
*a beeper turns on to signify a hit*
YEAH!
cool_signature.png
Posted Feb 16, 13
+2  stars
 stars
122 posts
+12 stars
Untagged users
Unless its close quarters, a dogfight, or ambush from a boarding party
Posted Feb 18, 13
0  stars
Zutai x
2137 posts
+282 stars
Banned users
i hope to have alot of my warfare being waged at epic ranges. fire off a few rounds, hoping they will hit the target in about an hour. good luck planning that far ahead though. ill be firing blind a lot hoping to hit target's home bases and maga ships deep in their territory. going to need spies to tell me the vector of the target/s though.
Normality is but a farce
There for we r all weird
And normality is weird
Posted Feb 19, 13
0  stars
44 posts
+5 stars
Untagged users
Zutai wrote:
i hope to have alot of my warfare being waged at epic ranges. fire off a few rounds, hoping they will hit the target in about an hour. good luck planning that far ahead though. ill be firing blind a lot hoping to hit target's home bases and maga ships deep in their territory. going to need spies to tell me the vector of the target/s though.

You'll never hit anything, period, at those ranges. Because space is ridiculously large. And your target is ridiculously small. It's like you're firing pins at a thumb tack from 400 meters away. Remember that c, light speed, is a hard limit on how fast projectiles go. People will be attacking close up, to maximize how many missiles will be able to hit. If you're using lasers, well then you could be fighting at earth-moon distances, but at the same time what if there's beam dispersion? I forgot to mention: What kind of moron's combat maneuvers involve sitting completely still for the whole fight so that the enemy could hit them?

There are going to be reasons to not be essentially punching an enemy ship, but at the same time, shitting lasers at people from 5 AU is pretty much not even fighting.
Posted Feb 27, 13 · Last edited Feb 27, 13 by Ederbubble
+1  stars
 stars
Page
of 3
Login or Register
0x10c.com Feed
There are no entries in this feed
Notices