0x10c Forum|Site Info
Page
of 3

Country Based Start Location

27 replies
84 posts
+24 stars
Untagged users
I support this idea. Having Russian's start on THIS end of the galaxy and Brazilians start on THIS end, then have Americans start somewhere in THAT area, with Europeans over THERE would make for some interesting politics and trade.
Sig+of+Otium_1360359108.gif
Posted Dec 14, 12
0  stars
222 posts
+14 stars
Untagged users
I support It because, in (for example) world of tanks, people go on from Europe and America and vis-versa and I even herd of people from Japan (who had no game sever) going to the american sever to play, so trying to separate them by sever would be useless anyway so this is better.
It is time to go down in style :cool:
Posted Jan 12, 13
0  stars
186 posts
+34 stars
Untagged users
Nah. It would make setting up organisations from across the world difficult. Groups by country aren't fair (and it makes sense that organisations would groups with nearby people). Centuris and I are the only members from NZ that I have seen active on these forums. No way do I want to be crushed by a horde of Americans just because I live in the wrong country.
Sig+of+Otium_1360359108.gif
Pronounced: Sigh(He let out a sigh)-rand(random)-er (Killer)
Posted Jan 12, 13
0  stars
9 posts
0 stars
Untagged users
I feel that this is based upon an assumption that needs to be stated: every one from every language group will have enough people around them to have the same type of experience as I will. What if they game flops in one language group (such as Portuguese) and booms in another (such as Russian) and they are quite far away from one another?

I feel that in the interests of fairness we all start in the city of Babel and move where the stellar winds take us.
Posted Feb 1, 13
0  stars
Zutai x
2137 posts
+282 stars
Banned users
i really wouldnt mind not understanding most of the people i start around. i would just move to an area where i can understand them. i think most of that type of separation will be done by the players more so then the devs.
SMB_logo.png

1oqWYPG.png

Uab4Ds9.png

bleach-signature.jpg
Normality is but a farce
There for we r all weird
And thus weirdness is normal
And normality is weird
Posted Feb 1, 13
0  stars
5 posts
+2 stars
Untagged users
I personally am all for the usage of a single universe for all players. Like many have stated before me in this thread, a mixture of languages leads to interesting diplomacy.

Also, programming translation software/ working on a ship as a translator could provide interesting ways to make a living.
Posted Mar 3, 13
0  stars
2 posts
+1 stars
Untagged users
Actually having separate planets (or maybe star systems) For each country sounds awesome. I am a little worried they will just stay in there own system and not let outsiders in though.
Posted Mar 8, 13
0  stars
524 posts
+60 stars
Untagged users
But how can they tell them to stay out... :shades: ...If they do not speak the same language?

In actuality, I am confident that it would work.
Leader of the all inclusive SHENANIGANS faction! Read about it here!
Posted Mar 8, 13
0  stars
Page
of 3
Login or Register
0x10c.com Feed
There are no entries in this feed
Announcement of