0x10c Forum|Site Info
Page
of 6

Notch's Emulator Running Inside the Leaked Prototype (runnable jar + eclipse workspace included)

50 replies
4705 posts
+1643 stars
Untagged users
DCPURunner has been updated for DCPU v1.4 - 2012-04-25
That's right, 52 minutes after the new emulator was released. ;)
Note: DCPURunner no longer supports pre-1.4 programs.

Here's Notch's DCPU emulator running inside the earlier leaked prototype. It is a runnable jar (pass a pre-assembled program file into it) and is fully compatible with Notch's emulator. I've embedded the LWJGL graphics into an AWTGLCanvas so that I can handle keyboard input the same way Notch's emulator applet does (so it's lost the cute little smiley icon for the window, sorry ;p).

Screenshots (click for 1920x1080):
runnershot_thumb.png

mineshot_thumb.png

Downloads:
Note: You need JDK 7 to run the leaked prototype, so you need it to run this, too. Get it here (or here for Mac) if you don't already have it.
Eclipse workspace project (only includes Windows natives)
Runnable jar version:
Windows
Linux
Mac (Mac version currently not working due to lwjgl being broken on Mac in JDK 7; looking into solutions now)

To run a preassembled program/OS/memory dump, pass it into the jar.
Example Windows commandline, with test.dcpu16 in the same folder as DCPURunner.jar:

java -jar DCPURunner.jar test.dcpu16

If the jar is run without arguments, it will run the program that came with Notch's emulator.

Notes:
I didn't test this on any other machines or operating systems, so let me know if you have any problems.
.Png
Posted Apr 20, 12 · OP · Last edited Jul 10, 12
+2  stars
 stars
10 posts
+1 stars
Untagged users
The Mac JAR file doesn't run as is I'm afraid. could be my setup of course, it's a little fiddly to get 1.7 running on Snow Leoprd, but anyhow when I run the JAR file I get:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58) Caused by: java.awt.HeadlessException at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:202) at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:534) at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:420) at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:385) at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(JFrame.java:180) at com.mojang.spacegame.GameFrame.<init>(SpaceGame.java:747) at com.mojang.spacegame.SpaceGame.main(SpaceGame.java:737) ... 5 more

I'm no Java geek, but I reckon there's a problem with the implementation of the JNI or somesuch on OSX.
Posted Apr 21, 12
0  stars
4705 posts
+1643 stars
Untagged users
spacebwoy wrote:
The Mac JAR file doesn't run as is I'm afraid. could be my setup of course, it's a little fiddly to get 1.7 running on Snow Leoprd, but anyhow when I run the JAR file I get:[...]
I'm no Java geek, but I reckon there's a problem with the implementation of the JNI or somesuch on OSX.
Sorry to hear that, though I can't say I'm surprised the Mac version didn't work. Have you tried running the original leaked prototype, and if so, were you able to? If you could run the leak, then there might be something I can do to get this working for you.

Also, if anyone has gotten this to run on Mac, please let me know.
.Png
Posted Apr 21, 12 · OP
0  stars
30 posts
0 stars
Untagged users
I've got it on a Mac, it's a no-go. Does NOT work. Idk why.
Dev77/Sull wrote:
well, like most threads here, they are started with a great purpose, but then that purpose is quickly forgotten and then they crash the thread train into a wall, that contains mass amounts of glazed donuts, where then you would wonder what it would be like if the world was made of glazed donuts, and you would be like yea this is fucking sweet.... i forgot what i was talking about...

:) <
this is a face
Posted Apr 21, 12
0  stars
4705 posts
+1643 stars
Untagged users
MrFunEGUY wrote:
I've got it on a Mac, it's a no-go. Does NOT work. Idk why.
Can you run the original leaked prototype from a couple weeks ago?
.Png
Posted Apr 21, 12 · OP
0  stars
273 posts
+27 stars
Untagged users
Aw thanks for this updates version. Finally a real environment to test if my DA16Pascal Compiler and Assembler works in Big Endian mode :)

And it does :)
Posted Apr 21, 12
0  stars
14 posts
+1 stars
Untagged users
Cheers for the upload mate :)
Posted Apr 23, 12
0  stars
290 posts
+44 stars
Untagged users
Thanks for uploading, Herobrine. I uploaded the leaked copy a while ago... It was deleted, to say the least. :/

Anyways, I definitely will be using this.
0x10csig1.png
-Carl Sagan
Posted Apr 24, 12
0  stars
4705 posts
+1643 stars
Untagged users
Notch said he's releasing an updated emulator tomorrow that will be conformant to the specs he released a few hours ago. Assuming he does that, I will update DCPURunner with the new emulator to bring it up to date. This will be interesting since the new DCPU, I'm guessing, will be ready for hardware, so you could actually start playing around with creating hardware for it and testing programs that access hardware.

I'm planning, with this release, to remove outdated files from the workspace that were previously being kept there for posterity. If anyone wants me to keep the outdated files in there for some reason, let me know.
When I release the updated version (probably tomorrow), the old version will disappear from my dropbox, so if you want it for some reason, get it now.

Edit: Also, if there is anything anyone would like me to do to DCPURunner, let me know. For example, I realize since it's using AWT mouse events now, it's a little awkward to turn around, almost impossible if the window is maximized. I'm not currently planning to change anything like that right now, but I might if people express a desire for it. So, anything you want in the update, let me know. The worst thing I can do is say no.
.Png
Posted Apr 24, 12 · OP · Last edited Apr 24, 12
0  stars
4705 posts
+1643 stars
Untagged users
Fishspill wrote:
Thanks for uploading, Herobrine. I uploaded the leaked copy a while ago... It was deleted, to say the least. :/

Anyways, I definitely will be using this.
Fortunately, Notch has since given the leak his blessing. :)
.Png
Posted Apr 24, 12 · OP
0  stars
Page
of 6
Login or Register
0x10c.com Feed
There are no entries in this feed
Announcement of