Page
of 4

[Tutorial] How colours and characters work.

32 replies
Stars:
+34
Untagged users
WolfGang wrote:
surely defining a byte as 16 bits, completely throws out common terms like Megabyte.

The DCPU doesn't redefine a byte as a word. It can only access data aligned in words, but that doesn't make it define a byte as 16 bits. One byte is, always will be and is universally 8bits (well, it is the de facto standard). The size of a word is defined by the system. x86 allows for any alignment, but aligning as a word is technically (at least it should be) minimally more optimal.
DarkCPU OS - Open Sourced Community Kernel
Posted Dec 23, 12
Stars:
Untagged users
Yo, don't want to hijack your thread but I thought I'd share my modified version of the character map you have on here.

I got the font map from the DCPUToolchain emulator which is what I'm currently using.
(don't know how close to the final this font map is, but this one seems to be used by a few of the emulators)

I removed the decimal values (which I probably shouldn't have done) because I kept on looking at the wrong column and wanting to use decimals :confused:

charmap.png

Also, I made another image I used to get a visual representation of the video ram.
Might be usefull for someone else so I'm putting it on here as well.
(no idea why it has such a strange colour scheme, made it quite some time ago. apologies for any visual offence caused)

video%20ram%20map.png

While I'm actually a Developer and not a Designer, I do know my way around GIMP and quite enjoy creating these kind of things.
As 0x10c grows (and Notch releases some more stuff), I'd be happy to help with anything like this
Posted Dec 25, 12
Stars:
Untagged users
I was kinda bored so I designed what I wanted a one type of raider to look like in the game and here it is.

Desription of what I think raider should be like in game:

Raiders are most common in remote regions of space. Because most of the raiders power output is going to weapons, shields and speed certain things aren't as good as they could be such as heating/cooling and radar and pressure resistence. The average raider contains 4 smaller attack ships, but has a 6 ship capacity. It also has a grappeler for locking onto ships to steal stuff. Raiders tend to avoid populated areas and attack in small groups of 1-5. Raiders normally only attack cargo ships, but if they feel threatend they will not hesitate to attack. Raiders also have a fair cargo space for loot.

of 4
Login or Register
Latest Threads
0x10c.com Feed
There are no entries in this feed.
NoticeNotices