+6 stars
Untagged users
IRC Info

Server: Channels:
#0x10cforum - our own semi-official IRC channel
#0x10c - general channel for all things 0x10c
#0x10c-dev - for all the programmers out there
#0x10c-std - 0x10c standards committee
#0x10c-commit - not entirely sure what this one is for, but it was recommended by a fellow IRC user

Webchat link:
Alternatively - IRC client:
X-Chat 2 (my personal recommendation - it's free.)

Hey everyone,

I noticed that the previous thread has been gone for the past few days. I know this isn't official but it's good to have a central location with the info. If mods want to make an official thread, by all means remove this one if you wish.

I debated between this forum and the Share your Community! forum. I concluded that there may be more interest here and that the other forum seems more focused on websites or personal/focused communities. If a mod disagrees with this reasoning, feel free to move it.

Thank you for your time. I hope to see a lot of people join us! :)
Posted Apr 9, 12 · OP · Last edited Apr 9, 12
+1  stars
 stars
myr
6 posts
0 stars
Untagged users
isn't freenode generally geared more towards open source/free projects and similar?

i'll hit it up, i just think there might be better choices when it comes to irc server.
Posted Apr 9, 12
0  stars
17 posts
+6 stars
Untagged users
It wasn't my choice. This channel used to be on esper, but some people were already very familiar with freenode and didn't want to leave. At least that's the story I'm aware of.

Freenode definitely has most of its users from channels about open-source projects. Though it's also quite fitting since a lot of 0x10c discussion is about software development.

I certainly hope you enjoy your stay!
Posted Apr 9, 12 · OP
0  stars
20 posts
0 stars
Untagged users
freenode works it's sure has the most users biggues issue is netsplits and the like.
enjin-175698-13339312791916919821-green.png
"Man is a slow, sloppy and brilliant thinker; the machine is fast, accurate and stupid."
Kelly, William M. on computers
Posted Apr 9, 12
0  stars
30 posts
+1 stars
Untagged users
shamus_carter wrote:
freenode works it's sure has the most users biggues issue is netsplits and the like.

Netsplits are normal on huge IRC cluster networks like freenode, specially when they are spread around the world
Posted Apr 27, 12
0  stars
Login or Register
0x10c.com Feed
There are no entries in this feed
Announcement of