DCPU resurrection?

3 replies
Stars:
+122
Untagged users
I just found TC today and it made me think if that is finally the close-enough-successor for 0x10c. In my brief study it seemed to implement the DCPU exactly as we used to know it - Altough the information that I found still left me unsure if that is the case.

What do you think - is DCPU community now about wake up from the "deep sleep"?
Posted Feb 14, 16 · OP
Stars:
+255
Untagged users
Yeah, I'd guess so. Tech Compliant looks like a pretty good alternative/successor, considering its quick development and frequent updates. I'm pretty certain that the DCPU itself is mostly unchanged (mostly because that was the whole reason why one would play 0x10c) just with additional hardware connected to it, but I can't guarantee that. You might be better off asking that on their sub-reddit.

Either way, I can't wait for the game.
^.^
Posted Feb 14, 16 · Last edited Feb 14, 16 by StillNoNum...
Stars:
+122
Untagged users
....yeah, I will try to get more out from their sub-reddit.

TC seems to be a kind of space station simulator instead of space opera (as 0x10c). I think thats ok. At least my clumsy takes on the subject led to the same conclusion that Notch had "it not being very fun to play". I hope TC will have some form of MMO. If not directly in-game then at least in community / marketplace -level. Even more important would be that TC would preserve the DCPU retro touch that 0x10c had. I would hate to see them scaling the CPU or memory, or adding "official" operating systems and libraries instead of letting community craft everything based on simple HW specifications.

But so far it looks REALLY good.
*Orlof climbs to attic to search for his derelict LEM screens and stuff...*
Posted Feb 14, 16 · OP
Stars:
Untagged users
Thanks Orlof! Almost ready to release the game as you've heard on IRC.

For everyone else - Here is orlof's DCPU Admiral running in game http://cdnapp.techcompliant.com/admiral.mp4
Posted Apr 14, 16
Login or Register
Latest Threads
0x10c.com Feed
There are no entries in this feed.
NoticeNotices